Forget about boring volunteer work and dive in to the excitement of working at the Central Coast Aquarium! We’re currently seeking motivated and reliable volunteers to join our organization.
Are you interested in working behind-the-scenes at an aquarium? Are you passionate about educating and inspiring others to appreciate the amazing life that exists in our oceans?
If so, then volunteer at the Central Coast Aquarium. Our volunteers are the heart of our organization, and we wouldn’t exist without them. Thanks to the help of a dedicated group of volunteers who assist in all areas of the center’s programs, we’re able to open our doors every day.
Central Coast Aquarium volunteers are a community of people comprised of all ages, backgrounds and professional and student expertise. As a volunteer, you will support the mission in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing ocean science education to local students
- Inspiring and engaging the public through interactive presentations in the aquarium
- Promoting local community ocean conservation through educating visitors of all ages and encouraging stewardship for the environment
We have an abundance of volunteer opportunities available. Once you decided on an area of interest, please the fill out the online application below.
Advertising & Marketing
Unfortunately, we do not have any short-term or single-opportunity volunteer positions available at this time. Please check our news and events calendar for community volunteer events, such as California Coastal Clean Up Day.
- The minimum commitment is three months
- Volunteers must commit to two three-hour shifts per month
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older
- All volunteers will be subject to background checks
- Please note, all volunteer positions are unpaid.
Please fill out our online application here.
Once your application is submitted online, it will be carefully reviewed to determine if we are the right fit for each other. You should hear back from us via e-mail within one week of submission.