These are Orange Giant Sulawesi Snails, one of the rarest snails in the aquarium hobby. Like the original Giant Sulawesi Snails, they come from Indonesia. These are very difficult to acquire in the United States, and I have never seen them in a local pet store.
These snails' bodies are the color of liquid gold, and the shell is light brown to black and usually features a white crown. This is a very sharp-looking snail and sure to impress viewers, almost all of whom will have never seen one before.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- PH level range: 7.8 to 8.5
- Temperature range: 76 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Soft to medium hard
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of snails (Nerite snails, Mystery Snails, Golden Rabbit Snails, etc.), dwarf shrimp (such as Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, etc.). They can also be kept with non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: These snails are large and need room to move, so it's a good idea to avoid dense vegetation or overcrowding in your aquarium. Sulawesi snails eat algae, plant matter, and invertebrate pellets, and they have also been known to munch on plants like Java Ferns. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you use tap water in your tank.