Black Diamond Shrimp feature a stunning dark color that must be seen to be believed! Known to some as Black Tiger Shrimp, these stunning animals are a deep black-brown color, which immediately draws all eyes to them in any aquarium set-up!
Black Diamond shrimp are a selectively bred variant of Neocaridina davidi - the same species as Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. Care requirements for these shrimp are close to those for Sakura Red Cherry shrimp. When kept in high quality water that is maintained within the recommended water parameters, these shrimp may grow into a large, beautiful colony!
Each bag contains at least 5 Black Diamond shrimp, but we usually ship extras. We ship young adult shrimp that are already of breeding age, ranging from 1/2 to 1 inch long.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
- pH level range: 6.5 to 8.0
- Temperature range: 64 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
- Water type: Soft or hard, as long as it remains stable
- Recommended Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other types of dwarf shrimp (such as Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, Amano Shrimp, etc.), various types of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, etc.). They can also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
- Additional notes: Relatively easy to care for - similar to other dwarf shrimp species. Dwarf shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, baby tears, green cabomba, etc.). This is because dwarf shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants help keep the water clean for them.